Wicked Wednesday: Salted Caramel Root Beer Float
An at-home ice cream movie night sounds like a great way to spend Father's Day to us (with adult and kiddy root beer floats of course)! Ontario brews both Hard Root Beer and traditional Root Beers so there's some to go around for the whole family. If you’re using classic Root Beer you can always add a shot of your choosing to spice things up!
What you’ll need:
- A Bottle of Crazy Uncle’s delicious all natural Hard Root Beer
- Or A Bottle of Nickle Brook’s all natural traditional Root Beer
- 2 scoops of our Salted Caramel Ice Cream
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup whipping cream
What to do:
- Scoop Salted Caramel Swirl Ice Cream into large glass
- Pour the selected Root Beer slowly over your scoops
- If you’re working with traditional soda and want to booze it up, add a shot of Amaro Averna or a similar liqueur
- For the caramel sauce, stir brown sugar, butter and whipping cream in a saucepan over low heat until fully combined and then simmer to gooey perfection!
- Drizzle with caramel sauce; lights, camera, action!