Try This At Home: Vegan Banana Split
There are some treats that are just too classic not to adapt for our plant-based friends, like a traditional banana split. That's what we did for this #TryThisAtHomeTuesday!
Here's what you need:
- Two large bananas cut in half
- Vegan fudge ripple: 1/2 cup of water, 1 1/4 cups of sugar, 1 1/4 cups of maple syrup, 1/2 cup of cocoa powder
- Vegan caramel sauce: 1 cup of sugar, 2 tbsp of coconut cream
- crushed roasted peanuts or cashews
What to do:
- Make your vegan fudge ripple: Whisk together the sugar, maple syrup, water and cocoa powder in a small pot. Heat over medium heat, whisking constantly until the mixture begins to bubble at the edges. Continue to wisk until it comes to a low boil then remove from heat.
- Make your vegan caramel sauce: add sugar to a small pot on medium heat until melted and golden brown, then slowly mix in the coconut cream (add more for a thinner consistency).
- Cut your bananas and add them to your dish
- Take your scoops of vegan goodness and put them on top of the bananas. We picked a scoop of Lemon Thyme Sorbet, Coconut Cashew Brittle, and Mint Chocolate Chip.
- Drizzle on the chocolate and caramel sauces then add the crushed nuts
- Ta-da! A vegan banana split that doesn't compromise any bit of awesomeness.