Try This At Home Tuesday: Bacon Waffle Ice Cream Sammie
An ice cream sammie is just about the perfect treat. We've made it even better by putting our Waffles & Bacon ice cream between two GF Waffles.
Here's what you need to make 4-6 Bacon Waffle Ice Cream Sammies:
- 1 scoop of our Waffles & Bacon ice cream for each pair of waffles
- Local maple syrup to drizzle on top
For the waffles:
- 2 to 3 strips of bacon
- 1.5 cups of rolled oats
- 5 tablespoons of coconut oil (you can also use butter or the bacon fat)
- 3/4 cup of milk
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
What to do:
- Make an oat flour by blending the rolled oats in the blender until fine
- Mix together the dry ingredients
- Mix together the wet ingredients
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients and mix
- Allow to rest for 15 minutes and the mix will thicken
- Pour the batter into a waffle maker and remove when browned (if you don't have a waffle maker, you can use the batter to make pancakes instead!)
- Let the waffles cool then put your scoop of ice cream in between and put the sammie in the freezer for 1 hour
- Take it out of the freezer to enjoy with some local maple syrup on top!
See you next week for another #TryThisAtHomeTuesday recipe on the blog using #fourallicecream!