Tasty Tip: Gluten Free Brownie Ice Cream Sandwiches
Brownies are our favourite! And we love them fudgy and chewie. Our favourite recipe also happens to be gluten-free, and only needs one pot to make a batch!
- 6 TBSP Butter
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 225 g Bittersweet Chocolate
- 2 Eggs
- 1 TBSP Cocoa Powder
- 3 TBSP Cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 500 ml box Four All Salted Caramel Ice Cream
- 1 TBSP smoked almonds, chopped
To make the brownies:
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9 x 9 baking pan or larger baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small pot melt the butter and chocolate together on low heat.
- Add sugar and whisk vigorously for 2 minutes. Allow the mixture to rest for at least 5 minutes and whisk for an additional 2 minutes. Let the mixture rest again, then whisk for 2 minutes. This allows the sugar to fully dissolve which will help make a crispy crust and moist center.
- Add eggs one at a time, incorporating each egg fully.
- Sift cocoa powder, cornstarch and salt onto the batter, and beat vigorously until the batter is smooth and shiny, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Spread the batter into prepared pan and bake for 12 - 15 minutes, until brownies are just set in the center. Take care not to overbake.
- Allow the brownies to cool completely in the pan, before cutting.
To make the ice cream sandwich:
- Cut the cooled brownie into 3-inch square pieces (or whatever shape suits you)
- Scoop 1 or 2 scoops salted caramel onto one brownie square. Top with crushed almonds, and cover with another brownie square.
- Serve immediately or return to freezer to firm up. Enjoy!
This nutty, salty, sweet and chocolaty chewy treat, can not be beat!