Try This At Home: Maple Walnut Ice Cream Torte
If you love a simple recipe that looks and tastes impressive, this one is for you! This recipe was created with our Maple Walnut ice cream in mind, and is a delicious way to treat mom this Mother's Day.
Time: 1hr + overnight to freeze
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ⅔ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup all purpose flour (you can substitute a gluten-free flour blend)
- ⅔ cup chopped walnuts
- 2L container of Four All Maple Walnut ice cream, slightly softened (store in fridge for 10 - 15 minutes)
- 1- ½ cups brown sugar
- ¾ cup heavy whipping cream
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp caramel
- ⅛ tsp salt
What to Do:
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- Make the crust by mixing together the butter, brown sugar and vanilla. Gradually add flour. Fold in chopped walnuts. Mix until fully incorporated, do not overmix. Grease a 9-inch springform pan and then press crust into the bottom of the pan and up ½ inch on the sides. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, prepare the caramel. In a large saucepan, whisk together brown sugar, cream, butter and salt. Bring to a boil and stir for 1 minute. Remove from heat, stir in vanilla. Cool completely.
- Spread ½ cup caramel sauce onto the crust, and allow to cool for five minutes.
- If the ice cream is not already soft, spoon it into a larger bowl and stir for a few minutes. Once softened, spread ice cream over the crust and caramel layer and freeze for 15 minutes.
- Make topping by cooking ½ cup chopped walnuts, maple syrup, 1 tbsp caramel, and salt in a pan over medium heat. Cook until walnuts are toasted and syrup is caramelized, around 10 minutes. Top the ice cream torte with the walnut topping and freeze covered overnight.
- Serve with additional heated caramel sauce.