Try This At Home Tuesday: Ice Cream Truffles
Looking for some creative ways to elegantly enter the New Year? How about ice cream truffles! This super simple recipe will have you wondering why you would ever need to buy an expensive box of chocolates.
Here's what you need:
- a small scoop
- pints of some different ice cream flavours such as Vanilla Bean, Gluhwein, Cranberry Sorbet, or MadCat Espresso
- raw cocoa powder
What to do:
- Take small scoops, and make balls as round as possible of your ice cream flavours. Place them on a baking sheet and put them in the freezer.
- Let the ice cream balls freeze overnight or for 3-4 hours.
- Pour some cocoa powder in a small mixing bowl.
- Take out the ice cream balls and one at a time, roll them in the cocoa powder (your hands will get messy!)
- Place them back on the tray and into the freezer for another hour or two
- Serve on a fancy plate with some fancy wine!