Wicked Wednesday: Spicy Hot Chocolate & Kaluha Cocktail
What's better than a cup of hot cocoa on a chilly, rainy day? Hot cocoa with homemade Kahlua and a scoop of Salted Caramel Swirl ice cream, that's what.
Homemade hot chocolate isn't just an easy recipe but it's soooooo much better than the average stuff you find in the store. You can also personalize it to taste exactly how you want.
Ours is made with:
- 1/3 cup of cocoa powder
- 3/4 of organic cane sugar
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- 1/3 cup of boiling water
- 3/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 tsp of chili powder
- 2 ounces of homemade Kaluha (see our other recipe for how to make it yourself)
- 1 scoop of our Salted Caramel Swirl ice cream
Here's how to make it:
- Heat your water in a small pot on the stove. Once boiling, add your cocoa powder, sugar, salt, vanilla extract and chili powder.
- Stir to dissolve all of your ingredients. Taste a bit on a spoon to make sure it's how you like it. Add more of any of the ingredients to taste.
- Pour the hot chocolate from your pot into your mug then add your homemade Kaluha and stir.
- Take your scoop of Salted Caramel Swirl and set it on top.
Did you love this recipe? Stay tuned for another ice cream cocktail recipe next #wickedwednesday on the blog.