Wicked Wednesday: Double Shot Hat Trick
This #wickedwednesday is for all the caffeine lovers out there! We made an affogato with our Thundering Espresso ice cream and a Smile Tiger Thunder Peel Espresso shot... Oh, and a shot of homemade Kahlua! A triple threat and true hat trick.
What you need to make this hyperspace drink:
- 1 scoop of our Thundering Espresso ice cream
- 1 espresso shot
- 1 ounce of homemade Kahlua*
* Ingredients for homemade Kahlua:
- 2.5 cups of fresh brewed coffee (We suggest Smile Tiger's Black Tambourine dark roast)
- 4 cups of organic cane sugar
- 2.25 cups of Yongehurst's Harbour White Rum
- 1 vanilla bean (or 1 tsp of vanilla extract)
How to make it:
- Start by making your Kahlua: brew your coffee, add the sugar into the coffee and stir until dissolved, then add your rum once the coffee has cooled to room temperature and stir to combine. Lastly, add your vanilla (scrape the vanilla bean seeds from the inside of the pod or simply pour in the extract). Store in a glass bottle with a lid. You can even add a cinnamon stick, orange peel or whatever you like to make the flavour unique.
- Make your espresso then combine 1 ounce of your Kahlua with the espresso shot.
- Scoop the ice cream into a glass and pour over your espresso + Kahlua mix.
- Enjoy! Try not to do anything to hyper or irrational while experiencing this outer space caffeine high!
Have a #WickedWednesday every week with fresh ideas every Wednesday here on the Four All blog!