Try This At Home: Banoffee French Toast
Are you ready for a brand new #TryThisAtHome? This is probably one of the best treats we've made so far: Banoffee banana bread French toast.
What you need:
- Two scoops of our new Banoffee Crunch ice cream!
For Banana Bread:
- 1/2 cup of butter (or vegan margarine)
- 2 large eggs (substitute for 2 large flax eggs - 1 TBSP ground flax + 3 TBSP of water)
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1 cup of mashed very ripe bananas
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of cane sugar
- 1.5 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp of kosher salt
- optional: 1/2 cups of walnuts or chocolate chips
For French Toast Batter:
- 2 eggs (sub for 2 mashed bananas if vegan)
- 2 Tbsp of milk (sub for 1/2 cup of alternative milk if vegan)
- 2 tsp of cinnamon
What to do with it:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a loaf pan. (If using flax eggs, prepare the mixture and set aside).
- Using an electric beater or by hand, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy then add the eggs and beat more to incorporate.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix in the butter mixture then the bananas and vanilla. Stir in any other mix ins, then pour the batter into the pan.
- Bake for 45 mins - 1 hour (test with a toothpick to see if it's done, it will come out clean). Remove from oven and let cool.
- Prepare the batter by mixing together the eggs (mashed bananas if vegan), milk and cinnamon.
- Heat a pan with some butter or coconut oil on the stove at medium heat.
- Slice the banana bread then let soak for 1 minute on each side in the batter.
- Once fully soaked in batter, add to the frying pan and reduce to low-medium heat. Cook evenly on both sides.
- Put your French Toast slices on a plate and top them with scoops of Banoffee Crunch ice cream, maple syrup and some extra cinnamon!