Waffle Day? Why Not!
Waffle day is a tradition celebrated in Sweden, Norway and Denmark on March 25th. Today is March 25th so let's eat some waffles!
This is our favourite waffle recipe. Made extra special because it's gluten-free and can be eaten with ice cream!
Here's what you need to make 4-6 Waffles A La Mode
- 1 scoop of our delicious ice cream for each waffle. Any flavour will do but we recommend our Maple Pine Nut Brittle
- Local Snyder's maple syrup to drizzle on top
For the waffles:
- 1.5 cups of rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 5 tablespoons of butter, melted*
- 3/4 cup of milk*
- 2 eggs*
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
*Make it vegan by replacing the butter with coconut oil and the milk with a nut milk, soy milk or oat milk, and the eggs with a vegan egg replacer (like flax egg or chia egg).
What to do:
- Make an oat flour by blending the rolled oats in the blender until fine
- Mix together the dry ingredients
- Mix together the wet ingredients
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients and mix
- Allow to rest for 15 minutes and the mix will thicken
- Pour the batter into a waffle maker and remove when browned (if you don't have a waffle maker, you can use the batter to make pancakes instead!)
- Add a scoop of ice cream and drizzle with Snyder's Local Maple Syrup