Try This At Home: Mixed Berry Crisp
There is nothing cozier than a warm Berry Crisp topped with a melting scoop of ice cream! Our recipe makes 4 individual ramekins, but could be combined and prepared in a 9 x 9 baking dish.
To make you'll need:
- 3 cups frozen mixed berries (fresh berries work as well)
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 tsp cornstarch
Oat Crisp Topping
- 1 1/4 cup oats
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter, grated
What to do:
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F
- Combine berries, sugar and cornstarch in a bowl, ensuring berries are fully coated.
- Divide berry mixture into 4 ramekins
- Place 1/2 of the oats into a blender, grinding the oats into a coarse flour.
- Whisk oats (ground and unground), sugar & salt together
- Add grated butter, and work into oats until it resembles pea-sized crumbs
- Sprinkle crumb topping onto berry mixture
- Place ramekins onto baking sheet and pop into the oven for 30 minutes
- Berry Crisp is done when topping is golden brown and the berries are bubbling away below.
- Add a scoop of ice cream and enjoy!