Try This At Home: Maple Caramel Sauce with Strawberries
It's seems to be getting colder and not warmer this spring. That's April for you! So we're channelling warmer weather with this super delicious and super easy maple caramel sauce combined with strawberries made for spooning over your favourite ice cream.
Maple Caramel Sauce with Strawberries
Time: 30 minutes
What You Need:
- ⅓ cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 4 tsp butter
- Pinch of salt
- ⅓ cup 35% cream (whipping cream)
- 4 cups fresh strawberries thinly sliced
- Four All Ice Cream, we used our Honey Lavender Ice Cream
What to Do With It All:
- To make the maple caramel sauce, stir together ⅓ cup brown sugar, 3 tbsp maple syrup, butter and salt in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat until thickened (2-3 minutes).
- Remove from heat, carefully pour in cream. Then return to low heat and cook, stirring constantly for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Spoon sliced strawberries and caramel sauce on top of Four All Ice Cream, and enjoy!