Try This At Home: Ice Cream Pie
The only way to make a regular dessert better is to make it in ice cream form.
This week's DIY recipe using #fourallicecream cubes is an ice cream pie! Despite various steps, the ingredients and recipe is straight forward and the end result is worth the time and effort.
What you need:
- 1 & 1/4 cup of ground graham crackers (we used a blender to grind them up)
- 1/4 cup of cane sugar
- 1/4 cup of melted butter
- 4 pints of our ice cream (we used 2 different flavours to make a swirly pie!)
- wax paper
- pie pan
Let's do this:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Place your pints of ice cream into the fridge for at least 15 minutes to soften.
- Grind your graham crackers in the blender and measure out 1 and 1/4 cup into a mixing bowl
- Add 1/4 cup of cane sugar to the graham cracker flour and mix together with a fork
- Melt 1/4 cup of butter on the stove then add it to the mixing bowl
- Use a fork to combine the butter, ground graham crackers and sugar. The consistency should be a small crumble.
- Line a pie pan with wax paper then spread the crust evenly on the bottom. Use the bottom of a glass to flatten and even out the crust.
- Bake the crust in the oven for 10 minutes. Then let it cool for another 10 minutes.
- Empty your pints with softened ice cream into a mixing bowl and stir with a spatula to form an even consistency.
- Add your ice cream on top of the crust quickly, then place the finished pie into the freezer for an hour or longer.
- Ta-da! Ice cream pie!
- Use the wax paper to lift the pie from the pan and cut slices with a sharp knife.
- You are officially the best dessert maker EVER.
Look out for next #TryThisAtHomeTuesday when we post another DIY recipe using our ice cream cubes!