Try This At Home: Holiday Ice Cream Cake
Celebrate the season with this super easy holiday ice cream cake - one of our favourite recipes!
What you need:
What to do:
- Make your crust - pulse the cookies in a blender/food processor until they are a fine crumb. Stir the cookie crumbs and melted butter together and tightly pack it in the bottom of a baking pan. Set it in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Stir your softened ice cream (one flavour at a time) in a bowl to get rid of any frozen lumps then spread them one layer at a time on top of the frozen crust. Put it back in the freezer for another 15 minutes between each layer.
- Spread your chocolate sauce on the top layer - since it's warm it will blend with the ice cream layers. Freeze it again for 15 minutes.
- Make your whipped cream using a mixer (4-5 minutes of mixing) and spread on top. Freeze for 3 - 4 hours or overnight.
- Cut your servings using a sharp knife and keep your leftovers in the freezer!