Try This At Home: Gingerbread Cinnamon Rolls
These cozy, spiced cinnamon rolls go perfectly with our gingerbread cookie dough ice cream. If you haven’t tried it yet, you are missing out on a delicious treat!
This recipe can be made vegan by using Four All’s Coconut Cardamom sorbet, using almond milk, and vegan butter instead.
What you need:
- 2 cups milk
- ½ cup butter, melted
- ¼ cup organic sugar
- 2 ¼ teaspoon dry active yeast
- 4 ½ cups flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ¾ cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- Four All’s Gingerbread Cookie Dough ice cream
What to do:
- Grease two pie pans with butter/oil.
- In a bowl, whisk together the milk, butter, and sugar.
- Before sprinkling the yeast in, make sure the temperature of the liquid is between 100-110F. Then, sprinkle the yeast in and allow it to sit for about a minute.
- Add 4 cups of flour and 1 teaspoon of salt and mix to combine. Cover the bowl with a towel or plastic wrap and let it sit in a warm place for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Now add the extra ½ cup of flour and 1 teaspoon of salt and mix until fully combined. Then place the dough onto a floured surface. Knead the dough slightly until it is not sticky anymore. Then roll it out into a rectangle about ½ inch thick.
- Spread the softened butter evenly onto the dough, then top with the brown sugar and spices (cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg). Roll the dough into a log (starting at the longest side) and pinch the seam at the sides closed.
- Start by cutting the log in half, then divide each side into 7 even pieces. Place the cinnamon rolls in the pans and bake for 25-30 minutes. Top with a scoop of our gingerbread cookie dough ice cream and enjoy!