Tasty Tip: Honey Apple Crisp
A baked honey apple crisp topped with our Burnt Honey Five-Spice Ice Cream is a delicious refined sugar-free, gluten-free, fall dessert. (serves 2)
- 2 Medium Honeycrisp Apples
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1/4 tsp Five-Spice Powder
For the Oat Crisp Topping:
- 1/2 cup Rolled Oats
- 2 tbsp Oat Flour (Make oat flour by grinding rolled oats in high speed blender)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Peel, core and thinly slice apples.
- Melt honey and butter in pan.
- Add apple slices and five-spice powder.
- Cook apples until tender.
- Divide cooked apples into 2 ramekins.
- Combine rolled oats, oat flour, butter, honey and salt in small bowl. Mix with wooden spoon until mixture forms clumps
- Spread oat crisp onto apples.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 15 - 20 minutes, or until topping is brown.
- Top with Four All Ice Cream's Burnt-Honey Five-Spice Ice Cream.