Tasty Tip - Holiday Ice Cream Cake
What you need:
- 18 of your favourite cookies - we used a package of oreos
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter
- 4 cubes of Four All holiday flavours, softened (put in the fridge to soften)
- homemade fudge
- homemade whipped cream (1 cup of heavy cream, 2 tablespoons of icing sugar, 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract)
- holiday sprinkles for topping
What to do:
- Make your crust - pulse the cookies in a blender/food processor until they are a fine crumb. Stir the cookie crumbs and melted butter together and tightly pack it in the bottom of a baking pan. Set it in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Stir your softened ice cream (one flavour at a time) in a bowl to get rid of any frozen lumps then spread them one layer at a time on top of the frozen crust. Put it back in the freezer for another 15 minutes between each layer.
- Spread your homemade hot fudge on the top layer - since it's warm it will blend with the ice cream layers. Freeze it again for 15 minutes.
- Make your whipped cream using a mixer (4-5 minutes of mixing) - best frozen ahead of time, at least 12 hours
- Cut your servings using a sharp knife and keep your leftovers in the freezer!