Tasty Tip: Hibiscus Fizz Soda
A bit of brightness while we all stay home. Now that spring is in the air, we want something refreshing to sip. This tangy hibiscus soda gets some extra zing from a bit of ginger and fresh lemon juice. Bonus points if you add a scoop of ice cream to make a float, like we did on this #TastyTipTuesday.
What you’ll need:
- 2 Lemons, juiced
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 granulated sugar
- 1 TBSP grated ginger (no need to peel, but give it a good scrub)
- 2 TBSP Dried Hibiscus Flowers (2 teabags)*
*You can replace the hibiscus with any fruity tea or rooibos tea you happen to have at home.
What to do:
- Lemon juice, water & sugar over medium heat.
- Heat to a simmer, until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and add ginger & hibiscus.
- Cover and allow to steep for at least 30 minutes.
- Strain cooled syrup into a clean jar (yields ~2 cups)
To make a drink:
- Fill a tall glass ~1/3 or 1/2 full with ice.
- Add 3 TBSP Hibiscus Syrup
- Top with sparkling water
- Add a scoop of ice cream to make this a float. We recommend our Plain & Perfect Vanilla Bean Ice Cream or our High Tea Ice Cream.