Story Saturday: Eat more ice cream! It's good for you!
If you are like us, you can’t get enough ice cream. It’s sweet, creamy, and irresistible! But have you ever wondered why people love it so much? There’s a reason that this frozen treat is called comfort food besides the fact that it tastes good!
We did a little bit of research and want to share a few things we learned:
- Studies have shown that when you swallow ice cream, it lights up the same part of your brain (the orbifrontal cortex) that makes you feel happy and excited when you win the lottery or listen to your favourite music.
- Many people have ice cream to celebrate moments throughout life, which is why eating ice cream can help bring back those happy emotions and memories.
- Dopamine is produced when you eat ice cream, which can make you feel more positive and less stressed.
- When you eat ice cream slowly and savour it, it gives you even more pleasure and happiness.
- Most people prefer drinking cold water over warm water because the cold satisfies your thirst more. This is a similar case with ice cream because the cold stimuli affects your body’s temperature regulation, making you cool down after a long hot day.
I think it’s safe to say that having this frozen treat can actually be good for you because it lifts your mood and makes you feel happier and refreshed!