Shortcut Strawberry Shortcake
A super fast strawberry shortcake shortcut! This recipe is an easy dessert idea for when you want to bake something special, but not get too complicated. Our sweet biscuit recipe is perfect with a scoop or two of Four All's Strawberries & Cream Ice Cream.
To make all you need is:
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1/2 cup cold milk
- Pre-heat oven to 425 F
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Whisk together thoroughly
- Grate cold butter into dry ingredients. Toss gently to coat butter pieces in flour
- Pour in cold milk and mix gently with clean hands or wooden spoon until dough just forms.
- Pat or roll dough flat quickly and gently on lightly floured surface, then fold in half. Repeat 2 more times, working quickly and gently.
- Flatten to 1/2 inch thickness and using 2.5 inch circle cutter, cut out biscuits. Re-flatten and cut out scraps until you have 6 - 7 biscuits.
- Bake for 12 - 15 minutes until golden brown
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes
- Slice in half
- Top with Four All Strawberries & Cream Ice Cream. You can add whipped cream or a sprinkling of coarse sugar to fancy things up, if you like.