Inutak & Coconut Cardamom Sorbet
Inspired by celebration desserts from around the world, we've made Inutak - a layered rice cake dessert enjoyed in the Philippines. It's easy to make and tastes wonderful with a scoop of Coconut Cardamom Sorbet on top!
What you need:
- 2 cups glutinous rice flour (sweet rice flour)
- ¼ cups purple yam powder
- 4 cups of coconut milk (full fat)
- ⅔ cup of sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup coconut cream
- 1 Jar Four All Ice Cream Coconut Cardamom Sorbet
What to do:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Combine the glutinous rice flour, sugar, salt, and coconut milk in a mixing bowl and mix together until there are no lumps
- Divide the mixture into two equal portions
- In one portion mix the purple yam powder
- Pour the mixtures into two separate pans and cook on stovetop while continuously mixing until it becomes a very thick, smooth consistency
- Pour purple mixture first in a baking pan lined with parchment (or banana leaf if you can find some!) then add the white mixture. Press to flatten and even out.
- Pour the coconut cream on top then bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Set your oven to broil and continue to bake until the top is golden brown
- Let it cool then serve with ice cream on top!
Simple & delicious!