Brownie Vampire Ice Cream Sammies
- 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp ground flaxseed and 6 tbsp water)
- 1 ½ cups white flour (make this gluten-free by substituting your favourite GF flour blend)
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cups plant-based milk
- Pinch of salt
- A jar of Four All’s Chocolate Chai Sorbet
- 2 cups of mini marshmallows
- ½ cup vegan butter, or coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups icing sugar
- Red food dye
- 2 tbsp plant-based milk, we used Oat Milk
- Preheat the oven to 325 G..
- Line two sheet pans with parchment paper.
- Mix together the ingredients for the flax egg and set in the fridge to thicken for 10 minutes.
- Whisk the flour, salt, and baking powder in a large mixing bowl. Once combined, add the coconut sugar.
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler over low heat. Once completely melted, mix into the dry ingredients.
- Take the flax egg out of the fridge and add the milk and vanilla into it, using a fork to whisk the ingredients together.
- Mix the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients and divide the batter between the two sheet pans. Bake for 35 minutes or until a skewer comes out mostly clean.
- Allow to cool fully before using a circular cookie cutter or a round glass to punch out as many brownie circles as possible. Place these brownie circles onto a sheet pan and place in the freezer for 2 hours.
- Once the brownies are frozen, prepare the marshmallows by cutting a few into pointy teeth (see the photo below). Then make the frosting. Using a stand mixer, cream the butter until light and fluffy. Then add the vanilla and milk. Once there are no more lumps in the frosting, add the food dye in until it is the colour that you would like. Turn the brownies over so that the flat side is facing up. Cover the flat side of the brownie in frosting, making sure to frost close to the edge as well. Then scoop a small amount of ice cream into the centre and place the other brownie circle on top. Stick the marshmallows into the ice cream to make them look like teeth around the brownie bites.
- Place back into the freezer for 2 hours. Enjoy!