Wicked Wednesday: Hot Buttered Rum Apple Cider
Happy #WickedWednesday, folks! We're halfway through this chilly week and need a little fire in our bellies so we made a Hot Buttered Rum Apple Cider cocktail with a scoop of our Salted Caramel Swirl ice cream.
What you'll need:
- Scoops of our Salted Caramel Swirl ice cream
- 2/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup honey (we used Nith Valley Apiaries honey)
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- pinch of salt
- 2 cups of local apple cider
- 3/4 cup of Yongehurst Distillery Harvest Spiced Rum
- Heat the apple cider in a pot on the stove until boiling.
- Combine all the other ingredients in a bowl
- Pour in the hot apple cider and stir until combined
- Add this delicious concoction to your mugs then put a scoop of Salted Caramel Swirl on top
- Add cinnamon sticks or sprinkle on some extra ground nutmeg
Enjoy and join us on the blog next Wednesday for another #fourallicecream cocktail recipe!