Try This At Home: Daisy's Chocolate Stout Cake Ice Cream Sandwiches
This week we're sharing an ice cream creation from Four All fan, Daisy! She not only made a delicious chocolate stout cake... she turned it into ice cream sandwiches... AND she even made her own stout for the cake recipe.
That's right. Daisy is a food science student at the University of Guelph and she also makes beer! That being said, Daisy went all out to celebrate her dad's birthday and made him these Chocolate Stout Cake Ice Cream Sandwiches using our Reid's Tortoise ice cream. Daisy has been kind enough to share this tasty recipe with all of us to try for ourselves.
What you need:
- A homemade Chocolate Stout Cake (ideally Bundt shaped), Daisy used Smitten Kitchen's recipe
- Reid's tortoise Four All Ice Cream
- Something for a garnish! Either fresh whipped cream, crumbled cake, chocolate shavings, or if you have actual Reid's tortoises chop them up and sprinkle them on!)
How to make it:
- Slice the stout cake and the Four All cube of ice cream (both about a 1/2 inch thick).
- Sandwich the ice cream in between the two pieces of stout cake.
- Add whipped cream on top and your garnish!