Try It At Home: Mini Peach Melba Ice Cream Tarts
Summer's not quite over, so here's an easy idea to transform late summer fruit into a tasty dessert that beats the summer heat.
To make this dessert you’ll need:
- A cube of our Peach Dream ice cream
- Graham Cracker Tart Crusts
- Raspberry Sauce
- Whipped cream
- Fresh raspberries and peaches
Graham Cracker Crust, makes 4 "muffin tin" tart shells
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 5 tsp butter, melted
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- Mix graham cracker crumbs, butter, salt, sugar, and lemon zest together until thoroughly combined.
- Divide evenly into 4 paper lined muffin tin cavities. Pat crust into bottom and partially up sides of each cavity.
- Bake in a pre-heated 350 degree oven for 6 minutes, until fragrant and browned. Allow to cool before filling.
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Heat raspberries and sugar together over medium heat & boil for 7 minutes until thickened.
- Remove from heat, strain to remove seeds and add lemon juice.
- 1 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Place the sugar into the mixing bowl and add the whipping cream.
- Whisk just until the cream reaches stiff peaks.
To assemble your mini Peach Melba ice cream tart:
- Keeping tart shells in muffin tin, spoon raspberry sauce into bottom of each tart shell.
- Place a 1/2 cup scoop of Peach Dream ice cream (1/4 of the 500 ml carton) into the tart shell, and allow to harden in your freezer for 2 - 4 hours.
- Once hardened, remove the tart from the paper liner and add a dollop of whipped cream.
- Garnish with fresh raspberry and peach slices.
Enjoy your mini Peach Melba Ice Cream Tart!