Try This At Home: Vegan & Gluten-Free Blueberry Coconut Apple Crisp
The weather feels like fall and summer have collided at high speeds! To match our weird surroundings, we made a dessert that collides the begins of the fall harvest with the height of summer chilling.
There's nothing quite like roasted fruit with a toasted cinnamon topping and some fresh ice cream to pull it all together. We made this recipe that much better by making it friendly for your vegan and gluten-free friends and family to enjoy.
Here's what you'll need:
- 8 medium-large apples (we used ginger gold apples from Maplecrisp Orchards, sourced at Legacy Greens)
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of organic cane sugar
- 2 tsp of fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup of gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 cup of gluten-free flour mix
- 1/2 cup of coconut or olive oil
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
The best part
- 1-2 scoops of our Blueberry Coconut vegan ice cream
Time to get cooking:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Peel your apples, quarter them then slice into thin apple slices.
- Add your apple slices, cinnamon, sugar, and lemon juice into a large mixing bowl then stir or toss to combine.
- Fill your baking dish with the apples and spread them out equally.
- Clean your mixing bowl, then add your oats, flour, cinnamon, and sugar. Stir to combine.
- Add the oil then continue to stir, mashing out any large clumps of sugar.
- Distribute your topping layer on top of the apples in your baking dish evenly.
- Place your baking dish into the oven for 50 mins. or until the apples are bowling.
- Let the apple crisp rest for 30 mins before serving.
- Scoop from your Blueberry Coconut pint onto your crisp, and enjoy!
Every Tuesday on the blog we post a new #TryThisAtHome recipe using #FourAllIceCream. Check back next week!