Wicked Wednesday: Rosy Rouse
A Wednesday as wicked as this needs something light, sweet, and just a bit sour to get us to the other side. Welcoming our newest concoction: the Rosy Rouse. A combination of homemade strawberry lemonade, our Strawberries & Cream ice cream and Dillon's Rose Gin.
Lifting spirits around KW, the Rosy Rouse is made of these parts:
- 2 cups of Kiju lemonade
- 1/4 cup of homemade Strawberry Simple Syrup
- 1 scoop of our Strawberries & Cream ice cream
- 1.5 ounces of Dillon's Rose Gin
- Garnish such as lemons, and edible flowers from Garden Party farm in St. Agatha
All you have to do is:
- Make your strawberry simple syrup by soaking 1 cup of strawberries with a 1/2 cup of organic cane sugar overnight. Then strain the strawberries to get your simple syrup and put those yummy strawberries in your morning oats!
- Combine the lemonade, strawberry simple syrup, Rose Gin, and ice cream in the blender.
- Pour into your favourite glass, and top it with a bit more ice cream, some lemon and some edible flowers.
- Enjoy midday under the shade of a willow tree in the park.
Looking for more ice cream creations? Come back every #wickedwednesday to find more!