Try This At Home: Hokey Pokey Pops!
Hokey Pokey Pops! Would sponge toffee by any other name taste as sweet? Why yes. Yes it does. Little known fact, "sponge toffee" or "honeycomb toffee" is sometimes called Hokey Pokey most notable in Australia, New Zealand and now at Four All! No matter what you call them these easy and scrumptious Hokey Pokey Pops are sure to satisfy any sweet tooth.
What you’ll need
- 1 cube of FourAll's Hokey Pokey ice cream
- 2 large popsicle sticks
- Crushed sponge toffee (Recipe Below)
What to do
1. slice your cube of Hokey Pokey into thick slices
2. place slices on large popsicle sticks
3. cover in sponge toffee and freeze for 15 minutes
Sponge Toffee Recipe
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon baking soda, sifted
- Line 9-inch square cake pan with buttered foil making sure the foil extends past the sides of the pan
- Combine sugar, corn syrup and vinegar in large saucepan.
- Stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves. Continue cooking without stirring until 300°F, about 18 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Immediately add baking soda and stir until well combined (mixture will foam vigorously).
- Immediately pour mixture into prepared pan. Cool completely
- Break into pieces