Try This At Home: Caramelized Pineapple & Piña Colada
A sweet treat for the first day of Spring! This caramelized pineapple with toasted coconut, spicy salt and a scoop of Piña Colada on top is a quick and impressive dessert for family and friends at your Easter party.
What you need:
- 1 scoop of our Gettin' Caught in the Rain Sorbet
- Cut pineapple pieces or pineapple slices
- 1/2 cup of organic cane sugar
- 2 Tbsp of coconut oil (or sub for butter)
- Toasted coconut and Grains of Pain (spicy salt) for garnish
What to do:
- On medium heat, melt the coconut oil in a pan
- Sprinkle or roll the pineapple pieces in the sugar then add them to the pan
- Move them around frequently as they get softer and golden brown
- When done, remove from heat and add to a plate and add the toasted coconut and Grains of Pain spicy salt
- Add the scoop of ice cream on top!
- That little sliver on top was leftover caramel from the pan